Monday, February 4, 2013

Two Parties, One Weekend

So I accidentally had two parties this weekend.

What, you never accidentally have two parties in the span of 24 hours?

Originally my roommate and I were just planning on having a little breaking up party - we've lived together for seven years but are officially moving out next week.  So of course we invited people over and played obnoxious break-up songs on repeat.  But then the guy who was supposed to host the Superbowl party we were going to had a little problem with pipes bursting in his apartment, so my boyfriend and I stepped in to offer a space.  And then spent Saturday morning in a cleaning frenzy.

For me, hosting a party always means making jello shots.  I've had a special affinity for them since my brother and I were both unemployed and living at home for a couple of months.  We ended up spending a lot of time shooting nerf guns at each other and perfecting our jello shot recipes.  My brother even bought me a set of these awesome jello shot glasses - you twist and pull on the inner cup to get the jello out.

I saw this recipe a while ago on Pinterest for making the jello inside of a lemon, and had to try it out.  I used an orange peel instead, and put strawberry jello with raspberry vodka inside.  They didn't come out quite as cute as the originals, but still pretty cool:


(action shots courtesy of my friends - "you have to put this on your blog!")


Oh, and of course, my roommate and I ended the night with a little Whitney - I Will Always Love You.


Have a great week everyone!





Follow along via Google Friend Connect or Bloglovin!

13 comments :

  1. These pictures are hilarious–especially that last one haha. I've always wanted to try those cool jello shots, so kudos to you for pulling them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - that last photo is amazing....how many jello shots is that after? :)

    Annie

    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the jello was a great hit! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun!!!! Love the photos. xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - that is truly awesome that you hosted two parties this weekend! Love that hospitality to open your home for fun festivities and that you even made jello shots for an impromptu party - much respect for that! Hope you are able to recover this week before the big move.
    Much love,
    B
    http://bintheknow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie @twenty-somethingFebruary 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM

    Wow! That sounds like an exciting weekend :) I've seen the recipe around pinterest too and want to give it a try. I am a fellow jello shot addict (of the few recipes I have posted on my blog, 98% of them are jello shots) and actually made a batch this weekend too.



    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jello shots make any party better I say! I can't wait until I have a place of my own so I can accidentally have two parties in one weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is the cutest way to "split-up" with a friend! And what darling jello shots!

    xx

    Here&Now
    Enter My MsDressy Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an amazing time! Those look delicious!

    -Vogue&Heels

    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those jello shots look AMAZING and your two parties sound awesome! What a great way to 'break-up' haha :)

    life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. a little whitney is good for the soul! aint no shame in it!

    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com/2013/01/giveaway-brittany-fuson.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely have accidental parties all the time. And those jello shots look crazy! Pretty sure if I tried that they'd leak out into a gelatin mess somehow. Totally impressed :)


    www.jbound.com

    ReplyDelete